GT Academy is a tv format run by Nissan and PlayStation offering gamers an alternative route into mainstream Motorsport. GT Academy gives Gran Turismo gamers the chance to go from virtual to reality, from their PlayStation to a real-life professional racing career with Nissan.
Throughout the years GT Academy has achieved a number of awards. These are some of them:
- 2013 AUTOSPORT Awards, Pioneering and Innovation Award.
- 2012 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Bronze Lion, Best Use of Branded Content.
- 2011 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Gold Lion, Best Use of Branded Content.
- 2011 ‘Campaign’ magazine Media Awards, Best Transport Campaign.
- 2011 ‘Campaign’ magazine Media Awards, Best Media and Entertainment Campaign.
- 2011 Media Week Awards, Best International Campaign.
This is the story of how Playstation Gamer becomes a racing driver. Three months after winning the 2016 GT Academy Competition, Mexican Johnny Guindi took on one of the toughest races there is; the Dubai 24 hours.
Production co.: Grand Central.